The exponential rise of the online space has brought with it the multiple risks of data theft, spamming, phishing, hacking and squatting. To cap it, with rising e-commerce transactions, the risk of security breach is at an all-time high. Naturally, we have plenty of litigation on these issues and those having the expertise in dealing with such matters are in plentiful demand.
To tap this opportunity, you need to first undergo either an Integrated 5-year Law course like B.A.- L.L.B./B.Com-L.L.B. or an L.L.B. after Graduation. You need to follow it up with a Post Graduate Programme in Cyber-laws, which is offered at many universities / institutes in India. To thrive here, you ought to have a good amount of logical and oratorial skills, besides great presence of mind, investigative skills and confidence. Though you may be placed in well-known law firms upon graduating from reputed institutions, you need to learn on-the-job in this field to gain expertise. You may even have your own practice later!
1. NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad- P G Diploma in Cyber Law (http://www.ignou.ac.in:8080/ignou/aboutignou/school/sol/programmes/detail/37/2)
2. Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Law (PGCCL) - Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi (http://www.ignou.ac.in:8080/ignou/aboutignou/school/sol/programmes/detail/37/2)
3. Indian Institute of Law- Online Certificate Course in Cyberlaws (http://www.ili.ac.in/e-learnCL.htm)
4. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune - Certificate Program in Cyber Law (CPCL) (http://www.scdl.net/distance-learning-in-cyber-laws.aspx)
8. Museology/Museum Studies
Museology is the study of museums and the role they play in a society. Museology courses expose you to the art and science of managing museums and museum collections. The course requires a good exposure to Archaeology and to be successful, a good knowledge of history, culture and fine arts would be a definite plus here. Restoring damaged historical specimens, conserving historical artefacts, guiding museum visitors and holding exhibitions are some of their major job responsibilities.
1. National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology, New Delhi
2. University of Calcutta – M.A., M.Sc. in Museology
3. Department of Museology, Aligarh Muslim University – M.Sc. in Museology, Post-M.Sc. Diploma in Museology, M. Phil., Ph.D.
4. Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodra - P.G., Ph.D. Courses, Diploma Course for In-service candidates
5. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai – 1-Year Diploma in Museology