Internship for Psychology Students and School Counsellor in Chandigarh
Ishh Guidance and Counselling Centre is conducting best internship programs for psychology students and internship for school counsellors program for 30 days and special clinical internship for 60 days by DR. SHASHI SETHI, Neuropsychological Assessment in Chandigarh, Panchkula region.
"Nothing ever becomes real until it is experienced. Even a proverb is not a proverb to you until your life has illustrated it"
- John Keats, British poet
Though a good theoretical knowledge of a subject is important, a mastery of its practical applications is equally important. Internship, which involves practical experience in a clinical environment with real patients, gives you valuable insight into the diagnostic processes, assessment methods and other important variables. The internship also helps you evaluate your own personality before enter the field in a professional capacity. In the course of this internship, you learn how to apply abstract classroom theories in real-life situations. Your internship experience adds substantial weight to your CV as hands-on professional experience alone demonstrates your skills and helps you get a good job.
Internship Programme-Goals and Objectives
- To provide relevant knowledge and practical skills in a clinical setting.
- Developing skills in psychometric assessment and therapeutic interventions.
- Cultivating professional clinical interaction skills with patients.
- Training on intake report and diagnostic assessment skills.
- Appreciation of skills like listening, helping, empathy, respect, genuineness and warmth
- Direct patient interaction to cultivate an understanding of clinical settings and building rapport with patients.
- Help increase awareness about the psychologist’s own role.
- Develop a keener awareness of professional identify.
The duration and the fee structure applicable for Internship depends on the type of specific assessments the intern would like to learn. The institute provides training for all scientifically designed, standardized tests in Psychology. These tests used are validated and are approved internationally by the American Psychological Association. The interns are actively supervised by Senior Psychologists and other experienced staff members.
The intern can avail themselves of a high standard of training, coupled with practical experience to address the intern's needs and expectations. As a result of this programme, the intern comes to appreciate his own role as a healer-psychologist, who uses assessment, therapies and counseling to help the client and also how she/ he is different from a psychiatrist. We respect the privacy of both our clients and interns, and are committed to fulfill all ethical and legal obligations that come with it.